2020 has certainly been a challenging year for all. Though we are not able to hold our Annual Winter Festival in the same way we have in the past, we will be selling tickets for the Holiday Baskets and a Winter Chance Auction
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provide direct supports to adults with disabilities in their home and in the community
- Provide personalized assistance and methods that promote independence.
- Support the person to demonstrate their interests, talents, gifts and skills.
- Provide support to assist the person to fulfill meaningful roles, community integration and relationship building.
- Assist the person to reach and maintain their personal goals.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the organization, person and their family.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use your own vehicle to transport the individual(s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must meet applicable background check.
- Minimum age for a staff person working directly with a person and their families is 18.
Please forward resume to: HeidiPina-Barnes@nemasketgroup.org
The Family Connections Center at The Nemasket Group creates a network of family support for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. Family Connections has an exciting job opportunity available. We currently are seeking a Family Support Advisor. Applicants should be highly organized, self motivated, and responsible (bi-lingual Spanish, Portuguese, Creole is preferred).
Job duties include providing families information and referral to a variety of community and statewide resources, educational planning and support, community and systems advocacy, and in-home assistance or consultation to provide support and information to a family or an individual who has a disability to develop and expand their strengths and abilities. Serious inquiries only please.
Competitive benefits package available. Person is required to have their own reliable transportation and be available to begin immediately.
Please forward resume to: SandyKinney@nemasketgroup.org
Direct Support Professional for Residential Programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Looking to hire Direct Support Professionals to provide Residential Services to individuals in the acquired brain injury and/or developmental disabilities field. Join a progressive organization providing personalized services/supports.
Be a member of a team providing direct supports to adults with disabilities living in their own homes in the Greater New Bedford. Job duties include teaching people adult skills in their home and community and helping people to fill valued social roles. Looking to support adults on the weekends, during the week, and overnights. Flexible days & hours.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have a valid driver’s license and use your own vehicle. 2 years experience is preferred, but organization will train. Experience working with people with acquired brain injuries desirable, but not required.
$16.84 per hour.
Please forward resume to: DustinGreen@nemasketgroup.org
This year The Nemasket Group, Inc. will be honoring a staff member of the organization who has shown exemplary service and who has excelled in one of the following areas:
- Assisted an individual or family reach a long term goal or lifetime dream
- Helped an individual fill a valued social role
- Improved the level of services the organization provides
- Contributed in a manner that has had a positive impact on the organization
All accepted nominees will receive a certificate of recognition: We are asking family members, people who receive services and Nemasket Group employees to nominate a direct support professional or employee (that is not a member of management) who they feel has contributed significantly to the organization, or has shown a deep level of commitment in their support of individuals and/or families.
The Award Committee will be responsible for selecting the honoree. Please consider recognizing a staff person from The Nemasket Group, Inc. who has made a difference.
Please email the completed form to email@example.com by June 30, 2020. You can also mail the completed form to: Award Committee, The Nemasket Group, Inc., 109 Fairhaven Road, Mattapoisett, MA 02739
Due to the universal COVID-19 health crisis The Nemasket Group is modifying the way we hold our annual 5K friend/fundraiser. The 5K Your Way will be held from May 1st through May 31st. We are encouraging our supporters to register for the event, enjoy the 5K of their choice, on the day of their choice, while adhering to social distancing guidelines, and avoiding large gatherings. We are not imposing a fee for registration this year, but donations are appreciated. “Selfies” will be posted on our website and Facebook as we hope to motivate others to join our 5K Your Way!
It’s up to all of us to slow the spread of COVID-19. Everyone, including young and healthy people, should avoid large gatherings during this time. Stay up-to-date with public health guidelines from cdc.gov.
Make a Donation to the “5K Your Way”
2020 5K Your Way Sponsorship Packages
|2020 5K Sponsorship|
Congratulations to the winners of our Holiday Basket Raffle:
Cocoa Street (Gift cards) – Sue Hutson
Tinsel Street (Brahmin/Alex &Ani) – William Besse
Fireside Road (Camping) – Tracie Williams
Birch Avenue (Ryobi Tools) – Niko Tarini
Snowday Court ( Switch Lite) – Andrea Patisteas
Cozy Circle ( Weighted Blanket & Kindle) – Stephen Ramocki
Family Festival focused on Wellness & Relaxation – FREE ADMISSION
December 7th 10:00 – 4:00 at The Nemasket Group, 109 Fairhaven Road in Mattapoisett
Schedule of Events:
- Food from On The Go – $1 Kids Selection from 11 – 2
- 11:00 – 1:00 Farm Visits Petting Zoo
- 12:00 – 2:00 FREE Family Holiday Portraits by James F. Reilly Photography (digital images will be emailed after the event to families)
- Bring your Letter to Santa to Mail – All Day
- Make Reindeer Food – All Day
- Chance Auction – All Day
- Basket Raffle – All Day
- Building Activities sponsored by The Home Depot – All Day
- 10:00 – Noon Reiki/Crystal Healing – 15 minute sessions by “Love Bundles Hope”
- Drumming Circle with Sam Holmstock, Drum Strategies for Healing – 1 Hour Session time TBD
- Yoga Demonstrations by Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness – time TBD
- Aromatherapy with Kate Negri Burke
- Fieldstone Market – Infused Cider Tastings
- Silverbrook Farm – Fresh Baked Pies
- Grow Away Girl
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness