The Building Future Project of The Nemasket Group is looking to hire an education coach to support student(s) with developmental disabilities who will be attending Bristol Community College for the spring semester. Job duties include providing academic supports to student(s) in college classes, helping with homework and in campus activities.
Position is approximately 15 hours per week (3 days/week) and will begin in January 2020. Must be 21 years old; have a valid driver’s license; able to use own vehicle and have a high school diploma. Ideally candidate should have worked with students in an educational setting and be familiar with a college environment. Competitive pay rate.
Please forward resume to: RossHooley@nemasketgroup.org
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provide direct supports to adults with disabilities in their home and in the community
- Provide personalized assistance and methods that promote independence.
- Support the person to demonstrate their interests, talents, gifts and skills.
- Provide support to assist the person to fulfill meaningful roles, community integration and relationship building.
- Assist the person to reach and maintain their personal goals.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the organization, person and their family.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use your own vehicle to transport the individual(s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must meet applicable background check.
- Minimum age for a staff person working directly with a person and their families is 18.
Please forward resume to: HeidiPina-Barnes@nemasketgroup.org
Family Festival focused on Wellness & Relaxation – FREE ADMISSION
December 7th 10:00 – 4:00 at The Nemasket Group, 109 Fairhaven Road in Mattapoisett
Schedule of Events:
- Food from On The Go – $1 Kids Selection from 11 – 2
- 11:00 – 1:00 Farm Visits Petting Zoo
- 12:00 – 2:00 FREE Family Holiday Portraits by James F. Reilly Photography (digital images will be emailed after the event to families)
- Bring your Letter to Santa to Mail – All Day
- Make Reindeer Food – All Day
- Chance Auction – All Day
- Basket Raffle – All Day
Family Connections at The Nemasket Group creates a network of family support for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. Family Connections has an exciting job opportunity available. We currently have a part-time (16 hours per week) Family Advisor position available. Applicants should be highly organized, self motivated, and responsible (bi-lingual preferred).
Job duties include providing families information and referral to a variety of community and statewide resources, educational planning and support, community and systems advocacy, and in-home assistance or consultation to provide support and information to a family or an individual who has a disability to develop and expand their strengths and abilities. Serious inquiries only please.
Competitive benefits package available. Person is required to have their own reliable transportation and be available to begin immediately.
Please forward resume to: SandyKinney@nemasketgroup.org
Looking to hire relief Direct Support Staff/Job Coach in the field of developmental disabilities for full-time and relief positions.
Join a progressive organization providing personalized services/supports.
Responsibilities of this position include (but not limited to):
- Be a member of a team providing direct supports to adults with disabilities within the community.
- Job duties include teaching people skills in the community and helping people fill valued social roles.
- Looking for a creative professional to assess, train and provide job supports for people with disabilities.
- Must be flexible in scheduling and work as a team.
- Identify and research community membership of interest to the people we support.
- Assist the people we support to reach and maintain their personal goals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use your own vehicle.
- 2 years experience is preferred, but organization will train.
The Nemasket Group, Inc. offers a great benefits package!
Please forward resume to: ErickaDuckett@NemasketGroup.org