The Nemasket Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team as an integral part of our organization. The successful candidate will provide administrative and clerical support, utilizing their excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. This position requires proficiency in Microsoft systems, a friendly demeanor, confidentiality, and the ability to manage priorities effectively.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide daily operations of the reception area while also supporting the leadership team.
Area of Responsibilities:
- Perform general administrative tasks, including answering and directing phone calls, managing emails, and handling correspondence.
- Maintain and update databases, spreadsheets, and records to ensure accurate and timely information.
- Assist with the organization, coordination, and hospitality of meetings, events, fundraising campaigns, etc.
- Prepare agendas, take minutes, and distribute materials for meetings and committees.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting, distributing, and preparing correspondence.
- Support all fundraising initiatives such as coordinating donor communications, tracking donations, and maintaining donor databases.
- Draft and edit various documents, for example, brochures, newsletters, reports, records/ support materials, promotional materials, etc.
- Oversee mailing tasks, including preparing outgoing mail, coordinating bulk mailings, and maintaining mailing lists.
- Provide support in managing calendars, scheduling, and both written and electronic materials.
- Uphold a professional and friendly image of the organization through excellent customer service to visitors, donors, stakeholders, and the public.
- Organize all supplies for the office and events by working in coordination with the Finance office for ordering purposes.
- Internal maintenance and management of the phone system.
- Orient new staff to the organization with office equipment and communication systems.
- Three years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar role, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Teams), internet research, e-mail, and other relevant software applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Follow through and complete tasks with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, maintain confidentiality, and operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Friendly and professional demeanor with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude to anticipate and address potential issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional relevant certifications or qualifications are a plus.
- Strong personal interest in The Nemasket Group’s mission.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, photo editing software, or social media and website maintenance.
- Prior event planning or experience in fundraising or donor management is highly desirable.
Rate: $20.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Note: This job description serves as a general overview. Responsibilities and duties may be adjusted based on the specific needs and preferences of the Executive Director and the organizationNemasket Group Employment Application